> Back to New Jersey ACES page


How long does the Academic Credential Evaluation (ACE) take?
The evaluation can take anywhere from 2-3 weeks, depending on the amount of applications being processed.

Do my Uniform CPA Examination (Exam) credits expire?

Do transcripts need to be sent directly to NASBA?
Yes, transcripts must be sent to NASBA. Please make sure the transcript is addressed to the licensing services department. We cannot proceed until ALL transcripts are received.


Are two-year institutions accepted?
Yes, as long as they are regionally or nationally accredited.

What can be counted toward the business requirement?
Business can be economics, marketing, management, statistics, business law, finance, business information systems, etc.

How are quarter hours counted to meet the total amount of hours?
Multiply the quarter hours by .6666667.

Can law courses given through the accounting department be counted toward the accounting requirement?

If there is a course that I feel is questionable as to whether or not it would count toward the accounting requirement, what should I do?
Submit a course description, obtained from the school or the school’s website, to njlicense@nasba.org.

If I am an Exam candidate and did not meet the 150 hour requirement at the time of applying for the Exam, what do I do?
You must apply online at https://mycpalicense.org and submit your transcripts. Once the evaluation is complete, your file will be sent to the Board. The Board will send you the licensing application once they receive your file from NASBA.

If I thought that I met the requirements at the time of applying, but actually did not due to some error in my transcript, lack of transcript being received, etc., is it possible to waive the ACE?
No. It is your responsibility to make sure that all information pertaining to the 150 semester hour requirement is received. NASBA is not responsible for notifying you that you do not meet the 150 hour requirement since you can sit for the Exam with fewer requirements.

Do I need to submit all official transcripts?
All transcripts must be submitted to NASBA for evaluation. This includes transcripts which have been transferred into another school.


How do I find out information regarding experience?
NASBA does not handle experience. You can visit the New Jersey Board’s website for information regarding experience.

For additional Frequently Asked Questions regarding New Jersey licensing, please visit the New Jersey Board’s website.

> Back to New Jersey ACES page