Be a Key Person Contact
In order to develop strong grassroots relationships with elected members of state and federal legislative and executive branches of government in every jurisdiction, NASBA has developed a Key Person Contact (KPC) program.
NASBA’s KPC program helps to educate elected members of legislative and executive branches of government on issues affecting the CPA profession.
Key Person Contacts are NASBA members who recognize the difference that individuals can make in the legislative process. The member acts as a liaison between NASBA and lawmakers, creating a line of communication to relay technical and general information regarding legislative issues that impact the profession.
Even a single letter or call from someone an elected official knows and trusts can make a pivotal difference in an issue’s outcome.
The Key Person Contact:
The responsibilities of a Key Person Contact are few:
NASBA carefully watches events at legislatures throughout the country, and when a “hot topic” arises for which we need grassroots input, NASBA will contact you. We supply detailed materials that provide the necessary background so you can call or write regarding the topic or make personal visits to the elected official with whom you have a personal or professional relationship.
The ability to have numerous lines of communication with elected officials influences important public policy decisions for which those who regulate the profession should have a voice.
If you do not know a lawmaker personally, don’t let that deter you. NASBA’s Legislative and Government Affairs Department will assist you in the process. Please contact John Johnson at (615) 880-4232.
Legislative Support Links
- MEMBER CENTER
- Products & Services
- Communications & Outreach
- Legislative Support
- Peer Review Overview, Tools & Resources
- Enforcement Tools
- NASBA Awards
- NASBA Nation
- Board Gateway Access
- Executive Director Portal
- CPA Exam
- International Qualification Examination (IQEX)
- CPA Australia
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Publicos (IMCP)
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
- Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
- CPA Canada (CPAC)
- NASBA International Evaluation Services
- Exam News
- Products and Services