> Back to Massachusetts ACES page


How long does the Academic Credential Evaluation take?
The evaluation can take anywhere from 2-3 weeks, depending on the amount of applications being processed.


Are two-year institutions accepted?
Two-year institutions and/or Community Colleges are acceptable when you receive credit for the courses at a regionally accredited college or university. These courses must appear on an official transcript.

What can be counted toward the business requirement?
Business can be economics, marketing, management, statistics, business law, finance, business information systems, etc.

How are quarter hours counted to meet the total amount of hours?
Multiply the quarter hours by .6666667.

Do transcripts need to be sent directly to NASBA?
Yes, transcripts must be sent directly to NASBA. Please make sure the transcript is addressed to the licensing services department. We cannot proceed with the evaluation until all transcripts are received.

Can law courses given through the accounting department be counted toward the accounting requirement?

If there is a course that I feel is questionable as to whether not it would count toward the accounting requirement, what should I do?
Submit a course description, obtained from the school or the school’s website, to malicense@nasba.org.

If I thought that I met the requirements at the time of applying but actually did not due to some error in my transcript, lack of transcript being received, etc., is it possible to waive the AECR?
No. It is your responsibility to make sure that all information pertaining to the 150 semester hour requirement is received. NASBA is not responsible for notifying you that you do not meet the 150 hour requirement since you can sit for the Exam with less requirements.

Do I need to submit all official transcripts?
Reciprocity/transfer applicants must. However, Exam applicants need to submit only the transcript that was not sent in during the course of sitting for the Exam.

The application states to submit all official transcripts, do I need to submit my international transcripts as well?
No. Do not send in any international transcripts. All international transcripts must be evaluated by CED or NASBA International Evaluation Services, which are the only international evaluation companies Massachusetts accepts.

Are online courses accepted?
Yes, as long as they are from an accredited four-year school.

If I passed the Exam for the state of Massachusetts, do I have to submit verification of my Exam scores?

Do I need to wait to receive the AECR letter back before submitting my licensing application?


How do I find out information regarding experience?
NASBA does not handle experience. You can visit the Massachusetts Experience FAQ for information regarding experience.

For additional frequently asked questions regarding Massachusetts licensing, please visit www.mass.gov.

> Back to Massachusetts ACES page