Prometric will resume testing for the CPA Examination in the U.S. on May 1, 2020. Per the federal government, the CPA profession falls under “essential services.” Note: Candidates testing in international locations should also visit https://www.prometric.com/corona-virus-update for updates and site closure information. Please carefully review the following information.
1. Early next week, Prometric will email all candidates directly to either re-confirm scheduled appointments or to cancel appointments that are affected by government social distancing guidelines in their jurisdiction.
2. Prometric will continue to comply with local/regional governmental guidelines when opening test centers. Centers that meet Prometric’s criteria and regional government restrictions will be open for business. Prometric is constantly monitoring its centers to determine if, and when, they will be able to open. For example, on May 1, candidates may be able to test at some test centers, while others remain closed. As the virus situation evolves, some open centers may then end up needing to close, but also currently closed test centers may open in the upcoming weeks as the virus wanes and restrictions are lifted.
3. Prometric has not yet released information regarding which centers are opening on May 1, but will make that information available next week as final decisions are made.
4. Prometric will enforce all social distancing regulations in test centers.
- Candidates will test at every other workstation.
- Open test center hours and possibly even days will be extended to provide for additional appointments.
5. Prometric will perform additional cleaning and disinfecting measures throughout the day. This includes workstations and writing utensils/calculators.
6. Candidates who wish to schedule an Exam session should check the Prometric CPA Exam Page proscheduler system (under Uniform CPA Examination) regularly to see availability.
7. Candidates should check regularly for updated information, including test center procedures and site closure updates, by visiting: https://www.prometric.com/corona-virus-update.
Candidates should check regularly for updated information and site closure updates by visiting: https://www.prometric.com/corona-virus-update.
We understand that this is a difficult and stressful time as you prepare to take the Uniform CPA Examination. Please know, NASBA, Prometric, the AICPA and the 55 U.S. Boards of Accountancy are working diligently together to communicate as early and as often as possible. Federal, state and local guidelines are changing daily and Prometric is constantly updating its site closure information.
We will continue to monitor the Covid-19 pandemic and the effect on test centers. We urge you to follow us on our social media channels and to sign-up for our CPA Exam Candidates Forum on Facebook.