In March, attorneys and investigators with the Boards of Accountancy met in Tampa for the 20th Annual Legal Counsel Conference. Presentations and discussions covered topics such as ethics, client records, Fifth Amendment considerations, and the latest updates in regulatory case law. Additional sessions featured discussions on the forensic accounting of financial statements and behavioral/writing analysis.
The Legal Counsel Conference is organized each year by NASBA. It provides an exclusive opportunity for attorneys to network, learn more about investigatory and legal concerns affecting the Boards of Accountancy, and share their knowledge and experience regarding issues that are unique to enforcement matters of a regulatory board. Many of this year’s participants have attended the conference in previous years.
To cap off the meeting, a Gala was held at Busch Gardens. Attendees personally encountered some of the animals from the theme park’s zoo and safari ride. Two exclusive rollercoasters were also opened for limitless rides.
The location and registration information for the 21st Annual Legal Counsel Conference to take place in 2016 will be available in the fall.
- MEMBER CENTER
- Products & Services
- Communications & Outreach
- Legislative Support
- PROC Resources
- Enforcement Tools
- NASBA Awards
- Board Member Portal
- Board Gateway Access
- Executive Director Portal
- CPA Exam Credit Extension
- Continuous Testing Overview and Status Map
- CPA Exam
- International Qualification Examination (IQEX)
- CPA Australia
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Publicos (IMCP)
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
- Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
- CPA Canada (CPAC)
- NASBA International Evaluation Services
- Exam News
- Products and Services