The Enforcement Resources Committee continues to work with NASBA to gather information from federal and other agencies regarding disciplinary or enforcement matters involving CPAs or CPA firms that might be of interest to Boards.
NASBA continuously gathers disciplinary information from the SEC A&A Reports and Litigation Releases, IRS Bulletins, PCAOB, and AICPA web sites and publications and provides the information to the Boards in the Quarterly Enforcement Report. Instead of each board consuming valuable staff resources to manually check each of these sources, NASBA reviews the available information and compiles it into an excel spreadsheet which can then be utilized by each board to best suit their particular needs.
The Report identifies jurisdictions referenced in the original documentation, other jurisdictions identified through ALD, CPA/firm name, agency disciplinary identifier, disposition date, issues, facts, and conclusions (not all categories are available for each agency). The Report initially only included SEC disciplinary notices, and has continued to expand as more disciplinary sources have been located. The April 2015 edition provided information on 224 individual disciplinary actions from the SEC, IRS, PCAOB, and AICPA. The most recent edition was distributed to Executive Directors on July 15th.
Based on comments from the Boards, we are now limiting distribution of this Report to Executive Directors to ensure that this Report does not conflict with any anonymity requirements within the disciplinary process of various Boards.
If you have any other questions or recommendations regarding this Quarterly Enforcement Report, please contact Stacey Grooms at email@example.com.
- MEMBER CENTER
- Board Member Portal
- Member Products & Services
- Legislative Support
- Board Gateway Access
- PROC Resources
- Enforcement Tools
- NASBA Awards
- ED Login
- Meetings & Events
- CPA Exam Credit Extension
- NTS Extensions
- Continuous Testing Overview and Status Map
- CPA Exam
- International Qualification Examination (IQEX)
- CPA Australia
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Publicos (IMCP)
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
- Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
- CPA Canada (CPAC)
- NASBA International Evaluation Services
- Exam News
- Products and Services