Author: Kyle Barrier, Associate Director, NASBA International Evaluation Services
Candidates who would like to test for the Uniform CPA Examination at an international test center location are currently able to do so in 17 countries outside of the North American locations (Canada and the United States).
The Exam application process is basically the same for U.S. and international candidates. In order to qualify to take the Exam outside the U.S., you will have to establish your eligibility through a jurisdiction participating in the international administration of the Exam. All jurisdictions currently participate in the international administration of the CPA Exam except for Alabama, Idaho, North Carolina and the Virgin Islands.
To test in an international location, you must first select a participating U.S. jurisdiction, contact the Board of Accountancy (or its designee) in that jurisdiction to obtain application materials, and submit a completed application and required fees as instructed. After having eligibility approved and receiving the Notice to Schedule (NTS), you may then use the NTS by follow the steps provided here, to apply to take the CPA Exam in an international location.
1. On the nasba.org website select “International” (top left area).
2. Click “Read More” underneath CPA Exam – International.
3. Read all the information and details regarding international testing before clicking “Apply Now.”
4. Log into your NASBA Application Dashboard to finish the process and submit payment.
5. Click on “CPA Portal.”
6. Select “International Administration” (globe icon).
7. Select the appropriate CPA Exam sections that the candidate will be taking at the international test center and then submit payment (Exam sections are selected underneath Apply for Exam Internationally).
- MEMBER CENTER
- Products & Services
- Communications & Outreach
- Legislative Support
- Peer Review Overview, Tools & Resources
- Enforcement Tools
- NASBA Awards
- NASBA Nation
- Board Gateway Access
- Executive Director Portal
- Becoming a CPA
- CPA Exam
- International Qualification Examination (IQEX)
- NASBA International Evaluation Services
- Exam News
- Products and Services