On Tuesday, May 10, NASBA’s Nominating Committee met to select its candidate for vice chair, 2022-23. We are pleased to announce Stephanie M. Saunders, CPA, of Virginia Beach, Virginia, as the Committee’s nominee.
Stephanie is a NASBA director-at-large, current Board secretary and chair of NASBA’s Uniform Accountancy Act Committee. She is a former NASBA Middle Atlantic regional director, former chair of NASBA’s Relations with Member Boards and Education Committees, and is a former member of NASBA’s Communications and Nominating Committees. Currently, she is serving as a NASBA representative on the AICPA Professional Ethics Executive Committee, an appointment she has held for four years.
In addition to her work with NASBA, Stephanie is an associate member of the Virginia Board of Accountancy and formerly served as Board chair and as a member of the Virginia Board’s Ethics Committee. A member and former Board member and chair of the Virginia Society of CPAs, she served as chair and vice chair of the Virginia Society’s Educational Foundation and as the Virginia Society’s ethics discussion leader for eight years. Additionally, Stephanie is a past president of the Tidewater Chapter of the Virginia Society of CPAs, and past president of the American Society of Women Accountants – Norfolk Chapter.
Stephanie’s career as a CPA has spanned over 40 years. Her professional career began with PwC where she was a tax manager. Today, she is a shareholder of Saunders & Saunders, PC, which provides tax planning and compliance for individuals and small businesses. Stephanie has a BS in business administration with a concentration in accounting from Old Dominion University. She has raised three daughters with her spouse, Tim, who is also a CPA.
Please join us in congratulating Stephanie M. Saunders, CPA, on her selection as NASBA’s 2022-23 vice chair nominee.
- MEMBER CENTER
- Products & Services
- Communications & Outreach
- Legislative Support
- Peer Review Overview, Tools & Resources
- Enforcement Tools
- NASBA Awards
- NASBA Nation
- Board Gateway Access
- Executive Director Portal
- CPA Exam Credit Extension
- CPA Exam
- International Qualification Examination (IQEX)
- CPA Australia
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Publicos (IMCP)
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
- Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
- CPA Canada (CPAC)
- NASBA International Evaluation Services
- Exam News
- Products and Services