Author: Dina Barabash, Content Development & Web Specialist
If you or your business are looking for licensed CPAs and firms to fulfill your accounting needs or to make a hire for an accounting position, how do you know if they are licensed and in good standing in your state? CPAverify.org is a CPA and CPA Firm lookup tool that is available for public use and is one of many trusted resources provided by NASBA.
The site is populated by official state regulatory data sent from Boards of Accountancy to a central database. The best part? CPAverify represents the first ever single-source national database of licensed CPAs and CPA firms. Determine a CPA or CPA firm’s credentials without having to search each of the 55 Boards of Accountancy website individually.
With the wide-spread adoption of mobility, the need for the general public to be able to determine if a person or firm is licensed and in good standing is more prevalent than ever. On the site, simply type in the licensee’s name and/or license number and with the click of a button site browsers can see the license results for that individual and important license information. Additionally, CPAverify.org includes markers of disciplinary and enforcement history for added confidence in hiring a CPA.
Ready for help in your state? The licensing information published on the website is provided to NASBA directly from the official State Boards of Accountancy. The participating State Boards provide updated data in varying intervals ranging from daily to quarterly. So, you never have to worry if the information you are seeing is current. Tackle your accounting needs with confidence this year and be sure to check out CPAverify.
- MEMBER CENTER
- Products & Services
- Communications & Outreach
- Legislative Support
- Peer Review Overview, Tools & Resources
- Enforcement Tools
- NASBA Awards
- NASBA Nation
- Board Gateway Access
- Executive Director Portal
- CPA Exam Credit Extension
- CPA Exam
- International Qualification Examination (IQEX)
- CPA Australia
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Publicos (IMCP)
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
- Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
- CPA Canada (CPAC)
- NASBA International Evaluation Services
- Exam News
- Products and Services