Author: Dina Barabash, Content Development & Web Specialist
As we dive into the semester, students begin a new chapter and continue their way to becoming next generation CPAs. Although each academic year is filled with excitement and new opportunities, it may also have its challenges and hardships. Students may be tempted to bend the rules or cheat, but these temptations are strongly discouraged and can easily be avoided.
A recent Extra Credit article discussed useful steps to reinforce the importance of academic integrity and to reduce the temptation to cheat. One way to avoid any unethical behavior is to understand the consequences of committing them. There are many resources online, including this one, that share with you instances where someone did not follow the profession’s code of conduct. These cases are good reminders on doing the right thing and why it matters.
Another great way for students to become ethical leaders, is by enrolling in the NASBA Center for the Public Trust’s Ethical Leadership Certification Program (ELCP). The ELCP is an online tool that helps college students identify ethical issues, learn how to respond to ethical dilemmas and enhance their ethical decision-making abilities. This program also helps students build their resumes and communicate values to future employers. You can also email email@example.com for questions about the program.
If you are ever uncertain of your work, a great way to make sure you are staying truthful is to personalize your work. You have experiences, trials and challenges that perhaps many others have not had to face. Use your personal truths to your advantage by pulling from your experiences to strengthen your projects.
- MEMBER CENTER
- Products & Services
- Communications & Outreach
- Legislative Support
- Peer Review Overview, Tools & Resources
- Enforcement Tools
- NASBA Awards
- NASBA Nation
- Board Gateway Access
- Executive Director Portal
- CPA Exam
- International Qualification Examination (IQEX)
- CPA Australia
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Publicos (IMCP)
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
- Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
- CPA Canada (CPAC)
- NASBA International Evaluation Services
- Exam News
- Products and Services