The answers to frequently asked questions about why professional regulation matters can be found on the Alliance for Responsible Professional Licensing’s (ARPL) website: ResponsibleLicensing.org. Formed to educate policy makers and the public on the importance of clear, responsible licensing standards for the professions, ARPL is supported by NASBA, the AICPA, the American Institute of Architects, American Society of Civil Engineers, Council of Landscape Architectural Registration Boards, National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying, and the National Society of Professional Engineers.
The website provides answers to questions such as: How does licensing protect consumers and the public? Is there really a call to eliminate professional licensing? Aren’t there some licensing requirements that are excessive? Doesn’t licensing limit competition?
State Boards will be receiving communications tools and ideas to help drive a coordinated, national communications and engagement strategy to explain the importance of professional licensing and what’s at risk if licensing is weakened.
Contact NASBA Director of Legislative and Governmental Affairs John Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional information.
- MEMBER CENTER
- Products & Services
- Communications & Outreach
- Legislative Support
- Peer Review Overview, Tools & Resources
- Enforcement Tools
- NASBA Awards
- NASBA Nation
- Board Gateway Access
- Executive Director Portal
- CPA Exam
- International Qualification Examination (IQEX)
- CPA Australia
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Publicos (IMCP)
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
- Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
- CPA Canada (CPAC)
- NASBA International Evaluation Services
- Exam News
- Products and Services