Author: Jenna Elkins, Communications and Digital Media Specialist, NASBA
Once you receive your Notice to Schedule (NTS), it is time to schedule your CPA Exam. This computer-based exam is offered each calendar quarter, with the months of testing known as testing windows.
When scheduling your Exam, it is important to plan accordingly. As you will notice, the CPA Exam is not given at the end of each calendar quarter to allow for systems and databank maintenance. You can take any or all sections of the CPA Exam during any testing window and in any order. However, you may not take the same section more than once during any one window. It is your responsibility to schedule the sections of the Exam you have yet to pass so you do not lose credit for previously passed sections.
To increase the likelihood you receive your first choice of date, time and location, you should schedule your CPA Exam as soon as possible after you receive your NTS. Also, you must take each Exam section within the time period for which an NTS is valid (before it expires), and you must schedule your Exam appointment at least five days in advance of the test date.
You can take the CPA Exam at any one of the authorized Prometric test centers in the United States and designated international locations, whether or not the test center is located within the borders of the jurisdiction where you are seeking your initial license. Your Board of Accountancy will inform you if there are any restrictions on the locations where you can take the Exam.
For additional information about the CPA Exam testing windows and how to schedule your Exam, read detailed information in The Candidate Bulletin.
- MEMBER CENTER
- Products & Services
- Communications & Outreach
- Legislative Support
- Peer Review Overview, Tools & Resources
- Enforcement Tools
- NASBA Awards
- NASBA Nation
- Board Gateway Access
- Executive Director Portal
- CPA Exam Credit Extension
- CPA Exam
- International Qualification Examination (IQEX)
- CPA Australia
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Publicos (IMCP)
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
- Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
- CPA Canada (CPAC)
- NASBA International Evaluation Services
- Exam News
- Products and Services