February 6, 2017
The continuous improvement of the Uniform CPA Examination (Exam) is necessary to ensure the Exam continues to align with professional practice, reflect the needs of today’s profession and the work of newly licensed CPAs, and support the regulatory responsibility of the Boards of Accountancy to license CPAs. Research conducted by the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) indicated that to meet the shifting needs of the profession in protecting the public interest, newly licensed CPAs must possess and demonstrate higher-order skills such as critical thinking and analytical ability. As a result of research findings and the profession’s dedication to remain as a trusted resource by the public, CPA candidates will be able to take a new version of the Exam, set to launch April 1, 2017.
Where Can I Find Information About the Next Version of the Exam?
To lessen candidates’ feelings of being overwhelmed with new information overload, NASBA recently created a webpage that hosts information specifically tailored to the next version of the Exam. Here, candidates will find items such as the updated Candidate Bulletin, FAQs, Exam Blueprints, information about the Exam’s Higher Order Skills and contact information. Candidates will also find information about scheduling their BEC and REG Exam sections as well as information about the rescheduling process. The site will be updated accordingly as new details about the next version of the Exam become available.
For more information about the next version of the CPA Exam, visit: https://nasba.org/exams/the-next-version-of-the-cpa-exam/.
- MEMBER CENTER
- Products & Services
- Communications & Outreach
- Legislative Support
- Peer Review Overview, Tools & Resources
- Enforcement Tools
- NASBA Awards
- NASBA Nation
- Board Gateway Access
- Executive Director Portal
- CPA Exam
- International Qualification Examination (IQEX)
- CPA Australia
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Publicos (IMCP)
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
- Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
- CPA Canada (CPAC)
- NASBA International Evaluation Services
- Exam News
- Products and Services