Author: Cassandra Gray, NASBA Communications Manager
All roads recently led to The Old Pueblo – Tucson, Arizona, March 15-17, for NASBA’s 34th Annual Conference for Executive Directors and Board Staff, and the 21st Annual Conference for Board of Accountancy Legal Counsel. Held annually in March, the conferences serve as a time for Board of Accountancy leaders, staff and attorneys to discuss relevant operational issues and emerging issues impacting state boards and the accounting profession.
Patricia Hartman, Director of Client Services and staff liaison to NASBA’s Executive Directors’ Committee (instrumental in planning the Executive Directors Conference), stated that both meetings addressed issues of importance and also served as a forum for NASBA to strengthen relations between State Boards of Accountancy and State CPA Societies. "This was the second year in a row that State Society CEOs attended a portion of the ED Conference," said Hartman.
Collectively, the conferences drew representatives from 40 Boards of Accountancy and 21 State CPA Societies. Among the featured topics discussed during the conferences were: Legal Cases and Other Developments Impacting the Profession, Diversity-Building the Profession, Legislative Strategies, Update on the Uniform CPA Exam, Peer Review and Improvements in Practice Monitoring, Ethics for Attorneys, The Impact of Marijuana Legalization on Boards of Accountancy as well as Education and Accreditation.
For more information about upcoming NASBA conferences, visit the Meetings & Events page.
- MEMBER CENTER
- Products & Services
- Communications & Outreach
- Legislative Support
- PROC Resources
- Enforcement Tools
- NASBA Awards
- Board Member Portal
- Board Gateway Access
- Executive Director Portal
- CPA Exam Credit Extension
- NTS Extensions
- Continuous Testing Overview and Status Map
- CPA Exam
- International Qualification Examination (IQEX)
- CPA Australia
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Publicos (IMCP)
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
- Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
- CPA Canada (CPAC)
- NASBA International Evaluation Services
- Exam News
- Products and Services