Due to extremely high application volume, please allow up to 8 weeks for application processing.
Before applying for an Academic Credential Evaluation through NASBA’s Licensing Service, please familiarize yourself with this jurisdiction’s educational requirements below. Please Note: NASBA’s Licensing Service evaluates only the educational requirement for licensure in this state. All other licensure inquiries are to be directed to the State Board of Accountancy.
To apply for an educational evaluation, you will be asked to create a user account upon your first usage of our licensing online application tool. Registering for a user account will allow you to obtain the required documents to submit with your application, apply for the evaluation, maintain your current information and check the status of your application.
Please allow up to two weeks from your file completion date (when application, fees and all additional required materials have been received) for your application to be processed. Acknowledgment of receipt of application will be sent to you via email, unless otherwise indicated. This notice is sent only as acknowledgment of receipt of application.
Below are the requirements to apply for a CPA license in Tennessee.
Upper division courses are from the junior, senior, and graduate levels.
All transcripts and/or international evaluations must be submitted to NASBA Licensing Services directly from the school or evaluation service. Education requirements must be met at the time you submit your application.
Applicants who obtained their education outside the United States must have an evaluation report completed and submitted by one of the following companies:
Toll Free: (866) 350-0017
- MEMBER CENTER
- Products & Services
- Communications & Outreach
- Legislative Support
- Peer Review Overview, Tools & Resources
- Enforcement Tools
- NASBA Awards
- NASBA Nation
- Board Gateway Access
- Executive Director Portal
- CPA Exam
- International Qualification Examination (IQEX)
- CPA Australia
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Publicos (IMCP)
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
- Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
- CPA Canada (CPAC)
- NASBA International Evaluation Services
- Exam News
- Products and Services