NASHVILLE, NEW YORK, BALTIMORE (June 2, 2022) – Today, the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) and Prometric announce qualified Uniform CPA Examination candidates applying to participating jurisdictions will have the option of testing at any international location where the CPA Exam is currently offered. This is effective as of June 2, 2022.
Testing eligibility for qualified international CPA Exam candidates was previously determined through jurisdictions participating in the international administration of the CPA Exam and limited to sites based on a candidate’s residency and citizenship. Before June 2, 2022, as an example, a candidate residing in Japan could test in Japan or the United States, but not test in India or Brazil. Now, that candidate may test in each of those locations and more. Once a candidate from a participating jurisdiction qualifies to take the CPA Exam, they can choose to test at any international Prometric Test Center where the CPA Exam is offered. International Prometric Test Centers exclude the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Guam and Virgin Islands.
This change will offer greater flexibility for international test takers and encourage more international residents to consider pursuing their CPA designation and careers in the accounting profession.
For additional details regarding the international administration of the CPA Exam and approved international testing locations, CLICK HERE.
See Full Media Announcement:
- MEMBER CENTER
- Products & Services
- Communications & Outreach
- Legislative Support
- Peer Review Overview, Tools & Resources
- Enforcement Tools
- NASBA Awards
- NASBA Nation
- Board Gateway Access
- Executive Director Portal
- CPA Exam
- International Qualification Examination (IQEX)
- CPA Australia
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Publicos (IMCP)
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
- Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
- CPA Canada (CPAC)
- NASBA International Evaluation Services
- Exam News
- Products and Services