NASBA Director-at-Large and CBT Committee Chair, Tyrone E. Dickerson (VA), was recently recognized by the Virginia Society of CPAs (VSCPA) as its 2021 Ruth Coles Harris Advancing Diversity & Inclusion Award recipient. Sponsored by Keiter, the award recognizes VSCPA members for their leadership and commitment to diversity and inclusion in accounting, professional and personal accomplishments, and their mentorship and service within the community, and is named in honor of Dr. Coles Harris—the first African American woman in the Commonwealth of Virginia to be certified as a public accountant, when there were fewer than 100 African American CPAs in the country.
Dickerson, a former chair and member of the Virginia Board of Accountancy, credits the honor to his successful career as a CPA, his passion for service and to the exposure and leadership opportunities made available to him through NASBA.
It was through NASBA that Dickerson was appointed to lead a diversity work group in 2012 that later evolved into the establishment of the NASBA Diversity Committee, where he served as chair. Today, NASBA’s Diversity Committee remains relevant and continues to offer awareness and support to people of color and women, to participate in NASBA’s various service and leadership roles as well as leadership roles available within the 55 U.S. Boards of Accountancy.
The VSCPA formally recognized Dickerson during the Society’s 2021 Virtual Leader’s Summit on May 13. NASBA congratulates Dickerson on receiving this esteemed honor. His service to NASBA, the Virginia Society and to the accounting profession is commendable and greatly appreciated.
- MEMBER CENTER
- Communications & Outreach
- Board Member Portal
- Products & Services
- Legislative Support
- Board Gateway Access
- PROC Resources
- Enforcement Tools
- NASBA Awards
- Executive Directors Site
- CPA Exam Credit Extension
- NTS Extensions
- Continuous Testing Overview and Status Map
- CPA Exam
- International Qualification Examination (IQEX)
- CPA Australia
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Publicos (IMCP)
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
- Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
- CPA Canada (CPAC)
- NASBA International Evaluation Services
- Exam News
- Products and Services