The flow of information between Federal agencies and the Boards of Accountancy plays a major role in governing across jurisdiction lines and between multiple regulatory bodies.
In order to effectively enforce the rules and regulations of the CPA profession, the Boards must often exchange information with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Department of Labor (DOL)—each of which have a unique role and process for such collaboration.
To help Board regulators best navigate those processes, NASBA has launched three short, interactive videos on communicating with the IRS, SEC and DOL, respectively.
The videos are 5-8 minutes long and can be viewed in the Enforcement Tools section of NASBA’s website, or by clicking the video graphic above. Each explains the Federal agency’s data assets, its function in the enforcement process, and the best way to contact it. Powered by the BrainShark platform, users can also easily navigate directly to the different topics within each video.
As better information leads to better regulation, facilitating the sharing of data with federal agencies is vital for every Board of Accountancy. "Without getting information from the Federal agencies, we can’t appropriately regulate our licensees," said Wade Jewell, Executive Director of the Virginia Board of Accountancy.
- MEMBER CENTER
- Products & Services
- Communications & Outreach
- Legislative Support
- PROC Resources
- Enforcement Tools
- NASBA Awards
- Board Member Portal
- Board Gateway Access
- Executive Director Portal
- CPA Exam Credit Extension
- Continuous Testing Overview and Status Map
- CPA Exam
- International Qualification Examination (IQEX)
- CPA Australia
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Publicos (IMCP)
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
- Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
- CPA Canada (CPAC)
- NASBA International Evaluation Services
- Exam News
- Products and Services