State Board Report
The NASBA Nominating Committee met on June 24, 2016 in Denver and selected their nominees for Directors-at-Large and Regional Directors, as reported by Nominating Committee Chair Walter C. Davenport (NC).
As previously announced, Theodore W. Long, Jr. (Associate – OH), is the Nominating Committee’s choice for Vice Chair 2016-2017, to accede to Chair 2017-2018 if elected Vice Chair by the member Boards at the November 1, 2016 Annual Business Meeting in Austin, TX. Elections for the other NASBA officers will also take place at that time. Nominations may also be made by any five member Boards if filed with NASBA Chair Donald H. Burkett (SC) at least 10 days before the Annual Business Meeting. A majority vote of the designated voting representatives of the member Boards attending the Annual Meeting shall constitute an election provided a quorum is present.
At the 2016 Regional Meetings, three Regions’ Nominating Committee’s members and alternate members were selected, in accordance with Article VII Section 3 of the Bylaws. In order to break a tie vote at the Regional Meeting, Regional Director Stephanie S. Saunders held a conference call with the voting delegates from the Middle Atlantic Region on July 1, 2016.
Prior to the Eastern Regional Meeting, Sheldon P. Holzman had resigned as alternate to the Nominating Committee, having never been called upon to serve as a member of the Nominating Committee. At the Regional Meeting, James P. Gero (Delegate – OH) was elected to serve as the Great Lakes Region’s alternate on the Nominating Committee 2016-2017.
- MEMBER CENTER
- Board Member Portal
- Member Products & Services
- Legislative Support
- Board Gateway Access
- PROC Resources
- Enforcement Tools
- NASBA Awards
- ED Login
- Meetings & Events
- CPA Exam Credit Extension
- NTS Extensions
- Continuous Testing Overview and Status Map
- CPA Exam
- International Qualification Examination (IQEX)
- CPA Australia
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Publicos (IMCP)
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
- Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
- CPA Canada (CPAC)
- NASBA International Evaluation Services
- Exam News
- Products and Services