State Board Report
As requested by the NASBA Education Committee, the NASBA Board of Directors voted to provide an additional window for receiving accounting education research grant proposals until April 14, 2016. Research grants are available for faculty and postdoctoral researchers at institutions of higher education. Preference in awarding the grants is given to research in areas helping NASBA and the State Boards of Accountancy protect the public and be better resources to the public accounting profession.
Research Interests of NASBA include, but are not limited to:
Applicants must be affiliated with a U.S. academic institution. NASBA will fund and award grants totaling up to $25,000 for one-year research projects. The researcher(s) will be expected to finalize the research within one year of the grant award date and may be asked to present their findings to NASBA’s Board of Directors or at its national meeting. Applications should be made to email@example.com.
At the NASBA Board’s January meeting, Nathan H. Jeppson and Mary B. Burns of Montana State University were awarded research funding for their project on: "Is Being Selective and Attuned to Top Quality Students All That Matters? The Impact on CPA Exam Performance by Student Characteristics, Accounting Program Quality, and Delays in Test Taking."
For more information, please take a look at the Research Grants section of this website.
- MEMBER CENTER
- Board Member Portal
- Member Products & Services
- Legislative Support
- Board Gateway Access
- PROC Resources
- Enforcement Tools
- NASBA Awards
- ED Login
- Meetings & Events
- CPA Exam Credit Extension
- NTS Extensions
- Continuous Testing Overview and Status Map
- CPA Exam
- International Qualification Examination (IQEX)
- CPA Australia
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Publicos (IMCP)
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
- Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
- CPA Canada (CPAC)
- NASBA International Evaluation Services
- Exam News
- Products and Services