State Board Report
NASBA and the AICPA are jointly hosting an Accreditation Forum with representatives of accreditation bodies on January 29, 2016 in Washington, DC, following the annual meeting of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. Facilitating the discussion will be Dr. Jan Williams, past chair of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International and past president of the American Accounting Association.
In a joint invitation to accreditation bodies, NASBA President and CEO Ken L. Bishop and AICPA President and CEO Barry C. Melancon stated: "…in the protection of the public interest, NASBA and the AICPA are increasingly concerned about the evolution of accrediting bodies to evaluate the reliability and quality of an education offered at the various higher education institutions. In this regard, we are weighing and considering whether the statutory reliance on existing accreditation bodies should be changed."
The invitation explains to the key organizations "before we consider any statutory or rule changes, we would like to discuss our concerns with you directly."
Uniform Accountancy Act Section 5 (c) and Model Rule 5 – Education Requirements – Determining Compliance of the Applicant’s Education rely on the accreditation process of regional, national and programmatic accrediting bodies recognized by the Department of Education to ascertain the credibility of college hours/credits and degrees conferred.
Questions about the Forum should be directed to Brentni Henderson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- MEMBER CENTER
- Board Member Portal
- Member Products & Services
- Legislative Support
- Board Gateway Access
- PROC Resources
- Enforcement Tools
- NASBA Awards
- ED Login
- Meetings & Events
- CPA Exam Credit Extension
- NTS Extensions
- Continuous Testing Overview and Status Map
- CPA Exam
- International Qualification Examination (IQEX)
- CPA Australia
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Publicos (IMCP)
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
- Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
- CPA Canada (CPAC)
- NASBA International Evaluation Services
- Exam News
- Products and Services