State Board Report
The major renovation of NASBA’s Nashville headquarters is set to begin in mid-October. Work will first start on the sixth floor and, once that is completed in early 2016, staff who currently work on the seventh floor will be relocating to the newly renovated sixth floor. A staircase will be constructed within the offices to connect the floors and encourage collaboration among NASBA divisions.
Renovation of the eighth floor will also be undertaken, so that by March 2016 the 13th floor will be vacated and the new offices completed.
Michael Bryant, NASBA Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, who has led the renovation planning effort, explained: "All three floors will have areas to openly collaborate as well as more private enclaves for working in small groups or for quiet workspace. There will be more appropriately-sized conference space, accessible technology, and growth capability." The design includes more natural light being available to all employees as well as an employee dining area. Mr. Bryant observed: "We are moving into a new world and the old world concept of offices dividing up our place of work has to stay in the past – where it belongs."
Facilities Manager Mary Lane has been orchestrating the process to ensure minimal disruption of the staff’s work during the necessary tear-downs and build-ups. President & CEO Ken Bishop reports staff members are very positive about the project and are looking forward to the new office space.
- MEMBER CENTER
- Board Member Portal
- Member Products & Services
- Legislative Support
- Board Gateway Access
- PROC Resources
- Enforcement Tools
- NASBA Awards
- ED Login
- Meetings & Events
- CPA Exam Credit Extension
- NTS Extensions
- Continuous Testing Overview and Status Map
- CPA Exam
- International Qualification Examination (IQEX)
- CPA Australia
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Publicos (IMCP)
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
- Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
- CPA Canada (CPAC)
- NASBA International Evaluation Services
- Exam News
- Products and Services