State Board Report
The Private Company Council (PCC), established in May 2012, is approaching the three-year mark when the overall assessment of its operations is to be performed. To assist the Board of Trustees of the Financial Accounting Foundation (FAF) in determining if the PCC is fulfilling its mission, a request for comment from stakeholders has been issued with a comment deadline of May 11, 2015. NASBA will be submitting its comments to the FAF.
FAF Chairman Jeffrey J. Diermeier stated: "Going forward, the PCC will need to balance the demands of its role as an advisory body to the FASB with its responsibility to identify and help resolve private company financial accounting and reporting issues that arise in current GAAP. We are seeking stakeholder input to help determine whether the identified improvements will help the PCC achieve this balance."
Among the possible improvements on which the Trustees are seeking comment are:
Stakeholders are being asked to comment on whether the PCC has been successful in proposing alternatives within GAAP that address the needs of private company financial statement users. Also, has the PCC been effective as an advisory body to the FASB in the standard-setting process?
PCC members will review the PCC’s accomplishments at NASBA’s June Regional Meetings.
- MEMBER CENTER
- Communications & Outreach
- Board Member Portal
- Products & Services
- Legislative Support
- Board Gateway Access
- PROC Resources
- Enforcement Tools
- NASBA Awards
- Executive Directors Site
- CPA Exam Credit Extension
- NTS Extensions
- Continuous Testing Overview and Status Map
- CPA Exam
- International Qualification Examination (IQEX)
- CPA Australia
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Publicos (IMCP)
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
- Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
- CPA Canada (CPAC)
- NASBA International Evaluation Services
- Exam News
- Products and Services