State Board Report
NASBA’s 33rd conference for Executive Directors and State Board Staff will be held March 24-26 in Tampa, Florida, as will its 20th conference for Board of Accountancy Legal Counsel. The Executive Directors’ meeting this year will feature several joint sessions with the chief executive officers of State CPA Societies covering topics such as legislative cooperation, peer review and CPE tracking. Other sessions will cover the impact of marijuana laws on the CPA profession, international education, the impact of nano learning on continuing professional education, and updates on the Uniform CPA Examination, NASBA technology, and legislation.
Topics to be tackled at the Legal Counsel Conference include work product vs. client records, case law update, Fifth Amendment considerations, behavioral detection and a joint session with the Executive Directors on mobility enforcement.
For more details, visit the Meetings & Events section of this website.
Scholarships are available to enable every Board of Accountancy to have one representative at each of these two meetings.
NASBA President Ken L. Bishop encouraged all Boards to have their staff represented at both these conferences, as they not only present informative speakers, but they also offer outstanding networking opportunities for the exchange of advice on day-to-day Board of Accountancy operations. Contact NASBA Communications Director Thomas Kenny to request scholarship assistance.
- MEMBER CENTER
- Products & Services
- Communications & Outreach
- Legislative Support
- Peer Review Overview, Tools & Resources
- Enforcement Tools
- NASBA Awards
- NASBA Nation
- Board Gateway Access
- Executive Director Portal
- CPA Exam
- International Qualification Examination (IQEX)
- CPA Australia
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Publicos (IMCP)
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
- Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
- CPA Canada (CPAC)
- NASBA International Evaluation Services
- Exam News
- Products and Services