State Board Report
Walter C. Davenport, CPA (NC) was selected on March 18 as the NASBA Nominating Committee’s candidate for NASBA Vice Chair 2013-2014, to automatically accede to NASBA Chair 2014-2015. Mr. Davenport, formerly a NASBA Director-at-Large and Middle Atlantic Regional Director, currently serves on the Uniform Accountancy Act Committee. He is the past chair of NASBA’s CPA Licensing Examinations Committee and has served on many NASBA committees, including the Administration and Finance, Audit, CPE Advisory, Compliance Assurance, Strategic Initiatives and Licensing Requirements Committee. He is a past president of the North Carolina State Board of CPA Examiners and a former member of the AICPA’s Board of Examiners.
A retired audit partner of Cherry, Bekaert & Holland, LLP, in Raleigh, NC, Mr. Davenport began his accounting career with Arthur Andersen & Company following his graduation from Morehouse College.
Elections for NASBA officers will be held at the Annual Business Meeting on October 29, 2013 in Maui, HI. NASBA Nominating Committee Chair Mark Harris has asked that all State Boards submit to him their recommendations for NASBA Regional Directors and Directorsat- Large for the 2013-2014 NASBA Board of Directors by May 20, 2013.
Nominations for any elected position, including the office of Vice Chair, may also be made by at least five member Boards if filed with NASBA Chair Gaylen Hansen at least 10 days prior to the Annual Business Meeting. No nominations from the floor will be recognized.
- MEMBER CENTER
- Board Member Portal
- Member Products & Services
- Legislative Support
- Board Gateway Access
- PROC Resources
- Enforcement Tools
- NASBA Awards
- ED Login
- Meetings & Events
- CPA Exam Credit Extension
- NTS Extensions
- Continuous Testing Overview and Status Map
- CPA Exam
- International Qualification Examination (IQEX)
- CPA Australia
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Publicos (IMCP)
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
- Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
- CPA Canada (CPAC)
- NASBA International Evaluation Services
- Exam News
- Products and Services