State Board Report
An example of how the information gathered from Uniform CPA Examination candidates can be analyzed by NASBA to report on an individual school’s performance will be presented by NASBA CI/A Director James Suh at the Accounting Program Leadership Group/Federation of Schools of Accountancy’s upcoming annual conference. The customized report was created by a NASBA team working closely with Notre Dame faculty to determine what information would best fit their needs.
The analysts began by looking at data and trends from the 2010 and 2011 Uniform CPA Examination performance of all candidates. There had been a surge in the number of candidates taking the Examination in 2010, prior to changes to the Examination, followed by a decline in 2011. In 2011 pass rates in each of the testing windows were the lowest they had been in six years. Also in 2011 the candidate volume and sections taken were the lowest they had been in five years. However, volume is recovering slowly. But a closer look at these statistics would provide more meaningful information for the university.
The data was filtered down to a relevant subset of students who took the Examination within one year of graduation. Data and trends were mapped for Notre Dame based on 2010-2012 graduating class data, which enabled over 90 percent of the students’ performance to be considered. This allowed the University to gain insights into the impact of their program changes.
Mr. Suh anticipates presenting a near final product at the FSA/APLG meeting. “We will be rapidly expanding the availability of custom reporting to other educational institutions in the coming months,” Mr. Suh reports.
- MEMBER CENTER
- Communications & Outreach
- Board Member Portal
- Products & Services
- Legislative Support
- Board Gateway Access
- PROC Resources
- Enforcement Tools
- NASBA Awards
- Executive Directors Site
- CPA Exam Credit Extension
- NTS Extensions
- Continuous Testing Overview and Status Map
- CPA Exam
- International Qualification Examination (IQEX)
- CPA Australia
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Publicos (IMCP)
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
- Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
- CPA Canada (CPAC)
- NASBA International Evaluation Services
- Exam News
- Products and Services