State Board Report
Robert N. Brooks (NC), Charles W. Taylor, CPA, Ph.D. (MS) and Michael D. Weatherwax, CPA (CO) were presented NASBA awards at the 2012 Annual Business Meeting in recognition of their outstanding accomplishments.
Mr. Brooks was awarded the Lorraine P. Sachs Standard of Excellence Award for his service as the executive director of the North Carolina State Board of CPA Examiners, since 1986, and his active involvement in many NASBA committees, ranging from the Search Committee for President to the Uniform Accountancy Act Committee.
Dr. Taylor, a professor of accounting at the University of Mississippi who served on the Mississippi State Board of Public Accountancy for 16 years, was given the NASBA Distinguished Service Award. He chaired many NASBA committees, including the Examination Review Board, Reciprocity Committee and Communications Task Force.
Mr. Weatherwax, NASBA Chair 2004-2005, was the 2012 recipient of the William H. Van Rensselaer Public Service Award, as presented by NASBA Past Chair Michael T. Daggett. The award recognizes individuals who have earned recognition through their contributions in the development of a new program or improvement of a current program for Boards of Accountancy, or who influenced the passage of rules or statutes to improve accountancy regulations and laws. Having served eight years on the Colorado State Board of Accountancy, Mr. Weatherwax was a forceful chair of several NASBA committees including the Uniform Accountancy Act Committee, the Continuing Professional Education Advisory Committee and the Litigation Response Committee.
- MEMBER CENTER
- Communications & Outreach
- Board Member Portal
- Products & Services
- Legislative Support
- Board Gateway Access
- PROC Resources
- Enforcement Tools
- NASBA Awards
- Executive Directors Site
- Meetings & Events
- CPA Exam Credit Extension
- NTS Extensions
- Continuous Testing Overview and Status Map
- CPA Exam
- International Qualification Examination (IQEX)
- CPA Australia
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Publicos (IMCP)
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
- Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
- CPA Canada (CPAC)
- NASBA International Evaluation Services
- Exam News
- Products and Services