Academicians and Post Doctoral Researchers encouraged to compete for $25,000 in awards
NASHVILLE, Tenn., February 9, 2012 – The National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) announced today the 2012 Call for Proposals for its Accounting Education Research Grants Program. First launched in 2011, the program seeks to advance research on educational issues impacting Certified Public Accountants (CPA), the public accounting profession and state boards’ charge to protect the public.
This year, NASBA will fund and award up to three research grants totaling a maximum of $25,000 for one-year research projects. Faculty and postdoctoral researchers at U.S. academic institutions are encouraged to apply.
“NASBA is excited to work with the academic community again,” said Alfonzo Alexander, NASBA Chief Relationship Officer. “We desire to be a resource for CPAs, educators, regulators and CPA candidates through this program.”
Research interests of NASBA include, but are not limited to:
In 2011, research grants were awarded to researchers representing the following institutions: Mount Olive College (Mount Olive, NC), Alabama A&M University (Normal, AL), Howard University (Washington, DC), The University of Mississippi (University, MS) and St. Cloud State University (St. Cloud, MN).
Proposals will be accepted (in electronic format) through 11:59 p.m. (CDT) on April 9, 2012. Applicants are encouraged to submit proposals in advance of the deadline. Grant recipients will be announced on May 16, 2012.
Click here to access additional information regarding the Call for Proposals (including a full program description, eligibility requirements, application deadlines and details on proposal submission).
See Full Media Advisory
- MEMBER CENTER
- Products & Services
- Communications & Outreach
- Legislative Support
- Peer Review Overview, Tools & Resources
- Enforcement Tools
- NASBA Awards
- NASBA Nation
- Board Gateway Access
- Executive Director Portal
- CPA Exam
- International Qualification Examination (IQEX)
- CPA Australia
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Publicos (IMCP)
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
- Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
- CPA Canada (CPAC)
- NASBA International Evaluation Services
- Exam News
- Products and Services