State Board Report
The Uniform CPA Examination has been approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs as a certification test that veterans in any state can take and have the expense eligible for reimbursement of up to $2,000. In addition, military spouses of active duty service members are covered under the Department of Defense’s Military Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) program for up to $4,000 in financial assistance toward their education and testing.
Patricia Hartman, NASBA’s Director of CPAES Examination Operations, explained that veterans who qualify for the Montgomery GI Bills (MGIB or MGIB-SR), the Reserve Education Assistance Program (REAP), the Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP) or the Dependents Educational Assistance Program (DEA) all qualify for reimbursement for taking the CPA Examination.
Ms. Hartman reported that NASBA took steps to be on the VA’s approved list of organizations in response to receiving approximately 20 calls from veterans during a three-month period questioning why NASBA was not listed. A proud army veteran herself, Ms. Hartman was persistent in finding the right channel to make sure veterans throughout the country would encounter no obstacles in obtaining reimbursement.
To find out more information about the reimbursement program, go to www.gibill.va.gov.
- MEMBER CENTER
- Board Member Portal
- Member Products & Services
- Legislative Support
- Board Gateway Access
- PROC Resources
- Enforcement Tools
- NASBA Awards
- ED Login
- Meetings & Events
- CPA Exam Credit Extension
- NTS Extensions
- Continuous Testing Overview and Status Map
- CPA Exam
- International Qualification Examination (IQEX)
- CPA Australia
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Publicos (IMCP)
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
- Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
- CPA Canada (CPAC)
- NASBA International Evaluation Services
- Exam News
- Products and Services