State Board Report
NASBA will be presenting its second Forum of International Accountancy Regulators (FIAR) on September 10?11, 2009 in San Francisco. To encourage international regulators to participate, NASBA is offering complimentary registration for two representatives per country.
“The forum is being presented to encourage accountancy regulators from around the world to work together on common issues, explore similarities and differences in regulatory models, and enhance protection of the global public interest,” NASBA Director of Governmental, International and Professional Relations Linda Biek explained.
Presentations will cover: the benefits of Free Trade Agreements; independent audit oversight; legal challenges; continuing competency models; and emerging issues. In addition, there will be breakout sessions on: Mutual Recognition Agreements and the Common Content Project; the impact of liability exposure; continuing competency; and financial statement users’ needs.
The conference program was developed by NASBA’s International Regulators Conference Committee: Michael D. Weatherwax – Chair; Charles H. Calhoun, III; John G.D. Carden; Robert L. Gray; Gaylen R. Hansen; and William Treacy.
Details about the conference can be found on www.nasba.org.
- MEMBER CENTER
- Board Member Portal
- Member Products & Services
- Legislative Support
- Board Gateway Access
- PROC Resources
- Enforcement Tools
- NASBA Awards
- ED Login
- Meetings & Events
- CPA Exam Credit Extension
- NTS Extensions
- Continuous Testing Overview and Status Map
- CPA Exam
- International Qualification Examination (IQEX)
- CPA Australia
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Publicos (IMCP)
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
- Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
- CPA Canada (CPAC)
- NASBA International Evaluation Services
- Exam News
- Products and Services