State Board Report
NASBA’s 100th Annual Meeting, October 28- 31, will feature an outstanding lineup of important voices in the accounting landscape. Among them will be Ian Ball, CEO of the International Federation of Accountants, Daniel Goelzer, member of the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board and Cynthia M. Fornelli, executive director of the Center for Audit Quality. Gary Brown, an adviser to the drafters of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act will be the keynote speaker, following through on the Annual Meeting’s theme of “Respecting the Past – Anticipating the Future.” Voting schedule permitting, we will also have Congressman K. Michael Conaway reporting on our national legislators’ views on the global economy and its impact on domestic accounting.
Educators Jan R. Williams and Dale L. Flesher will, respectively, discuss the future of accounting education and the past of NASBA, on which the Association’s future is being built. Larry Bridgesmith, director of the Institute for Conflict Management, will talk about resolving cultural disagreements, and offering some entertaining advice on how to survive in any crumby situation will be the famous cookie entrepreneur Wally Amos. Other informative speakers will include leaders from NASBA and the AICPA and the major accounting firms.
Besides these memorable presenters, there will be breakout sessions to afford state representatives time to exchange information with their colleagues. Add to all this a social program that is sure to be spectacular in Maui, HI, this will be a 100th Annual Meeting that nobody will want to miss.
For meeting details and registration information, go to www.nasba.org.
- MEMBER CENTER
- Board Member Portal
- Member Products & Services
- Legislative Support
- Board Gateway Access
- PROC Resources
- Enforcement Tools
- NASBA Awards
- ED Login
- Meetings & Events
- CPA Exam Credit Extension
- NTS Extensions
- Continuous Testing Overview and Status Map
- CPA Exam
- International Qualification Examination (IQEX)
- CPA Australia
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Publicos (IMCP)
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
- Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
- CPA Canada (CPAC)
- NASBA International Evaluation Services
- Exam News
- Products and Services